Splinter can comment about this later with his thoughts.
This past two weeks that I've been in Portland, Splinter has had some adventures. When he reached Old Station, CA the trail was closed down. This was due to a huge wildfire in the area. He couldn't get the package of food I sent and had to find a ride to the next town. After detouring a hundred miles or so to Burney, he was ready to start back out. Unfortunetly the fire spread and they wouldn't allow hikers to continue. He is now with a huge amount of pcters who are stuck. They all drove to the next town, Castella. From there they got the green light and are now hiking to Etna. In Etna I will be meeting up with Luke and we'll continue. Continue at a very slow pace that is. Splinter told me the other day that he did a 36 miler.
I miss Splin like crazy and can't wait to get back to him
I hope everyone enjoys the pictures, sorry they took so long, but having internet is another nice thing about being in civilization. Until next time,
Aloe
Mammoth Lakes to South Lake Tahoe, CA
Kennedy Meadows to Mammoth Lakes, CA
Agua Dulce to Kennedy Meadows, CA
Big Bear City to Agua Dulce, CA
Campo to Big Bear City, CA
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment