Mammoth Lakes to South Lake Tahoe, CA

Kennedy Meadows to Mammoth Lakes, CA

Agua Dulce to Kennedy Meadows, CA

Big Bear City to Agua Dulce, CA

Campo to Big Bear City, CA

Monday, August 3, 2009

Portland, OR

Hi -
Well, here I am, living it up in Portland for the last week. I've been hanging out with friends and getting chores done. I tried to send Splinter two food packages this week and every time he gets there before the box! He is doing crazy miles and is enjoying himself. He's hiked with Ben, a guy from Scotland and Gravitron. They did 32 miles the other day! I'm going to have to send any more packages WAY ahead. Which brings me to the next info: I'll be staying here another week. I've been able to work at the Coffee shop (my previous job) for quite a few hours and need to get in some more. The trip is a bit more expensive than we originally planned. It's okay though, I'll be back soon enough!
Some might get upset that I'll be skipping over 200 miles while I'm here. To them I scoff and ignore. I am hiking from one end of the country to other. I don't care about mileage and the end goal. This trip is about an adventure. It's about cool towns like Idylwild and Tehechapi. Amazing trail angels that renew my faith in human spirit. It's about finding out who I want to be and the confidence to live that way. I am having a wonderful time and a relaxing necessary break. So there!
Hope everyone is also wonderful, and that you enjoy our pictures!
love,
Aloe

No comments:

Post a Comment