Mammoth Lakes to South Lake Tahoe, CA

Kennedy Meadows to Mammoth Lakes, CA

Agua Dulce to Kennedy Meadows, CA

Big Bear City to Agua Dulce, CA

Campo to Big Bear City, CA

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Luke's First Blog Post


Wow! We are nearly T-minus three weeks until we set off on our journey into the wilderness! Although I feel a little overwhelmed with the stuff that still needs doing, I can't help but be super excited to get on the trail!

Jana has been really busy with her plays, I'm trying to survive until graduation, we're preparing to move out of the apartment and on top of that we still need to finish planning our resupplies, gear, and itinerary for the hike! Whew!

As the day looms nearer I think "What are my reasons for taking this trip?" A few obvious ones come to mind:
Be in the wilderness, get healthy, take pictures of the beautiful West Coast and have a story to share for the rest of my life.

I think more about what 4 1/2 months outside of civilization will do to me:
I will probably learn some things about myself, I will see the fruits of my training and planning and know that I can accomplish what I put my mind to, I will get to strengthen my relationship with my beautiful wife, I will have tons of time to think and write and reflect. I'm going to come back a different person than I was when I started.

I can't wait to see how Jana and I benefit from this much-needed break from reality. I'm looking forward to sharing these experiences with you (well documented with my camera) and I hope you enjoy the journey as much as we certainly will!

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment